Monday, November 17, 2014

Easy Cinnamon Sauteed Persimmons


Almost 500 persimmons were gleaned off the happiest little tree a couple of weeks ago by the Mister, Em, and me. Fuju Persimmons are the kind that you can eat right off the tree, like an apple. Throw them in a pan for a few minutes and they get softer- and sweeter.


Sauteed Cinnamon Persimmons
2 TB ghee (or other quality fat: coconut oil, butter, bacon drippings, etc)
6-8 persimmons, sliced and seeds removed (I do not peel)
1-2 tsp cinnamon (I like to go big with cinnamon)
pinch of Himalayan pink salt
* a few slices of apples add quite a bit of sweetness and deliciousness

Heat pan first. 
Add fat until melted.
Toss in just the persimmons and other fruits if using.
When beginning to brown, turn off heat.
 Toss with cinnamon and pinch of salt.
Enjoy!

You might enjoy:

Nourished Kitchen has a full post on why her family, like ours, keeps a good stock of ghee. I trust her recipes and information as a valued source to nourish my family with food.

I keep track of recipes I've tried- and want to try- on Pinterest. Join me there and let's share!

This would be sooo good in Baked Oatmeal with extra chopped apples thrown in the pan.

Random joy: Bill Murray "You're awesome" bath mat. Because you are. And you have to shower anyway so why not be reminded?

xo,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...