Monday, October 6, 2014

5 Tricks For Clearer Skin (Free & Natural)



Adult acne chased me through my twenties. At the time, I didn't see the connection between the food I was eating, the life I was living (chaotic and busy, busy) and the regular break outs I was trying to cover up and get rid of.

Bigger picture changes have led to happier skin but there are things you can do right now to help stop the cycle.

Here are a few tips and tricks I've picked up along the way. Easy. Cheap. Natural. Not often you get all three!

1. Change your pillowcase daily. 
Oils from your hair and product all build up on your pillow which you lay your face on for hours (hopefully 8+) every night. Fresh pillowcases will help your skin rejuvenate while you sleep.

2. Clean your make up brushes once a week. Remember to clean the tools you keep in your purse! The sponge in your compact, the tiny brushes, and more that are easy to forget while your tidying your medicine cabinet. Wash them gently in whatever you wash your hair in. Rinse well and let air dry sitting bristles up in a glass. Easy peasy.

3. Keep hair off of your face. I love my bangs and refuse to give them up but oil and product from hair can lead to break outs. See if there's a connection between a trouble spot and where your hair falls.

4.  Clean your phone(s) with alcohol at least once a week. Your cell, the one at work- heck, you might even have a land line, too. Squirt 91% alcohol on a cotton ball and wipe down. 

5.  Stop touching your face. I know. You don't pick either. We can have little habits we don't even realize like leaning on our chin, jawline, or brushing the bangs away 100 times a day. Every time you touch your face you transmit more bacteria. Pay attention for just one day and you'll probably see one habit you could nip.

What tips do you use for clearer sking? Please leave a comment below- I'd love to hear!

xo,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...