Friday, October 19, 2012

How to Make an Owl Cupcake DIY

 A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, I had a cupcake company. This little cupcake tutorial was shared on my former cupcake blog and I'd like to share it with you here and now. Owl cupcakes. Happy Fall!

Supplies:
  • cupcakes. any flavor. mine are coconut vanilla bean
  • white buttercream frosting
  • walnut halves
  • Lifesavers, I used gummy
  • chocolate chips
  • coconut flakes, toasted or untoasted
  • Milk Duds
1. Slather a messy swirl of buttercream on top and spread to cover. You don't need a lot, this is just to glue your goodies on.

2. Grab the bottom of the cupcake, turn it over and roll the top in coconut to cover. Gently so it stays a bit fluffy and isn't totally mashed into the frosting.

3. Using Lifesavers for eyes, put them in place. Add chocolate chip to the center.

4. Turn the walnut half on it's side and make grumpy or perky brows, depending on your mood.

5. Turn the Milk Dud on it's side for a wee beak.

For more sweet ideas, follow along with my Pinterest board, Eat: Sweet!
Enjoy!
xo,
Amy


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. you comments brighten my day! if you whip up some owls, I'd love to see a photo!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...